Thursday, August 7, 2014

Transfers...

Hey Y'all!

So we had transfer calls on Saturday night.... Sister Jeppson and I were so confident that we were both staying another transfer together and our hearts dropped when her name was called. I have seriously been crying since then.... it has been horrible!! And I am terrified for this upcoming week, I really don't want to lose her. I feel like I really need her while I'm in this area. I know Heavenly Father has something else in mind though and that we will both learn something great from this experience. It's just hard, I know Sister J will always be one of my favorite companions and friends from the mission, she is so awesome. We visited some investigators yesterday so she could say goodbye and one in particular, this old lady named Myra, oh my she is so sweet. So she's 69 years old and she is so kind and genuine, yet is a 'tough Southern lady' :) She told us how we looked like the best of friends and how we worked together so well and I was just crying and she looked at me and said some more sweet things and then told me there's no crying allowed. In the sweetest possible tone. Hahaha. I love Myra. How could I not cry though??? She told Sister Jeppson I was her "baby" and that I will definitely miss her. She's totally right. Haha. Everything will be alright again and I will run out of tears eventually, haha. I feel so vulnerable in the mission but I also feel so taken care of! 

We had some pretty good success this week. We began tracting a new area, knocking doors looking for anyone and everyone we could share the gospel with. Out of the first 5 doors we knocked on we found 3 new investigators. So that was really good! I'm not sure how interested the one family is, but there is a mom of 5 named Reina who is super awesome and prepared (she just doesn't know it). We also found a 14 year old girl named Nubie. She is also way prepared. Now I know why so many kids between the ages of 9 and 14 are getting baptized--it's because they are prepared, ready, and willing to accept and change for the better! Her parents weren't home so we haven't met them yet, but I hope they are accepting of us because I believe us coming was an answer to Nubie's prayers. She's so awesome I can't wait to tell you about what happens with her!

I have to tell you about Ty too, because I know great things will happen with him and you all need to know who he is! :) Ty is about 25 and he works with Sister Cartmell. She actually got us in touch with him and we were able to teach him last week and he came to church last Sunday and loved it! He has a cute little family and is excited to be taught. He's so nice, I'm hoping he will be our next baptism. This area really is struggling, the last baptism that took place was in April. It'll pick up though. 

Alright so I just mentioned it quick last week, but I am having the coolest experience!! I mentioned how one of our ward members here in Waynesboro has a brother who is less active in Albany. Our member here feels like they really did move here from Utah for a reason, and he told his brother maybe it was to help his nonmember family members. His brother told him before he worries about them he should work on his less active brother. Well, I didn't know him in Albany but coming here the man in our ward told us his brother is really struggling and needed to get a blessing from the elders. He told him if he didn't call them or a member of the bishopric then he would. Well, here I come, assigned now to serve in Waynesboro and I still have the number for the Albany elders memorized. He got in touch with the elders in Albany and gave the number to his brother as well. Long story short, miracles have been happening. His brother got in touch with the missionaries, received an incredible blessing, and is getting back into all the good stuff. Help and strength is going to this family. I feel like I am in the right place at the right time, to help this family and I know without a doubt that that happened because of a loving Heavenly Father. There are no coincidences. Heavenly Father placed me in Albany and then here, and that was one specific reason why. These families are incredible and I feel so blessed to be able to be a tool in the Lord's hands at this time and in this place. Heavenly Father can see the big picture and this just proves to me that where we are called to serve, the different areas and with the different companions, happens for a specific reason. It is all in the Lord's hands, and in His timing. It is so COOL!! 

Man, being a missionary is the best!!!!  I hope you all have the same enthusiasm!! Get out of the bubble we all tend to put ourselves in, and seek out those who are struggling. "Along your pathway of life, you will discover that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save." -President Thomas S. Monson. There are people all around us not being noticed and taken care of as they should, and if we don't help, who will? Jesus Christ was our example of finding the lost sheep, and we are here to "feed those sheep." John 21:14-17. Every person is important, every person is a son or daughter of God. Reach out. You will be so glad you did. This work is great, because it is THEE work. It's why we're here, and it's what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ expect us to do. I have been terrible at this, always helping the people around me I knew so well. What about everyone else? I have a renewed desire to search out and find everyone--those on our records who we have no idea where they even are. I think of my own family and how I would feel if they were "lost" and people weren't searching for them--that's how it is with all of these individuals and if we as church members don't find them and help them, then I don't know who will. It's an added responsibility, but one we have all agreed to and looking at the big picture, this is a responsibility I WANT and LOVE. To help even one person, how great will be our joy. (Doctrine and Covenants 18:10). 

I hope you have the most fantastic week, I love hearing all the updates and seeing all the pictures!! Y'all are the greatest ever. 
All my love,
Sister Applegate

Sister Jeppson and Ty. Wanted y'all to see what he looks like and I didn't have a picture :) 

The videos of the elders eating their "salt brownies" from last week. Payback :)






New tracting shoes? 





The mouse? Still hiding. The lizard we thought got out of our house? Stuck on our sticky mouse trap. *shudder* Dead lizard.... RIP
The sign said apple... caught my eye
The cutest kids in the neighborhood... :) We played curb ball with them and taught them "down by the banks" (bullfrog game)







More pics of the kids and us
Applegate and Jeppson--what a rockin' companionship we made. I will miss her dearly!!
Carpet Cleaning--All glory goes to Jesus. Only in the South... haha. Welcome to my life!










No comments:

Post a Comment