Friday, October 18, 2013

Mission Call!

Ever since I was little, I loved to sing the song: "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission".  I loved missionaries, but never knew girls could serve. I never saw sister missionaries, and I don't remember anyone really talking about them. When I was 9, my grandparents were called to serve in the Missouri Independence Mission. We were able to take a trip out to see them, and along the way we stopped in Nauvoo, Illinois.  It was there that I met some sister missionaries and talked with them about their mission. It was in that moment that I knew I was supposed to serve a mission and had the greatest desire to do so.  Now, nearly 10 years later, the long-awaited moment of opening my mission call finally came. On September 19, 2013, I had the amazing moment of reading a letter to me signed by the Prophet informing me of where the Lord needs me to help with His work. As I stood in front of family and a few friends, shaking from nerves and excitement, I opened my call. I have been called to serve in the Georgia Macon Mission and I will report to the Provo MTC on February 5, 2014.  This has been a long time coming and I can't wait to serve! Many returned missionaries say that not a day goes by that they don't think of their missions but I feel like I have been able to say that since that moment in Nauvoo when I was 9 years old. It's great to finally know where I am going, Georgia looks beautiful and I cannot wait to serve the amazing people that live there!


No comments:

Post a Comment