Thursday, November 7, 2013

You Are Never Lost When You Can See The Temple

Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to go through the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple and receive my own endowment. Endowment literally means 'gift' and in God's house, which is a house of learning, it is an amazing gift of knowledge. The temple is the most sacred place on earth, where we can feel our Heavenly Father's Spirit so strong, and feel so close to Him and to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have a strong bond with some of the temple workers that I have been able to see there every week, and tonight I was able to see a few of them again. It was so nice as I was nervous to see the kind, familiar faces of those workers and my family. It is a great blessing to know that it is because of the temple that we can be sealed to our families for all eternity. The temple should be our top priority, and our ultimate goal. The temple stands as a light, representing the light of Christ in this dark world. It is where we should always strive to be. We should continue to return to it, as often as our circumstances permit. We may not understand everything, even if we go often, but the Spirit is always there to testify and to allow you to feel the greatest amount of peace. Just open your mind and your heart, and let the Holy Ghost abide with you. Heavenly Father's ultimate goal is to have each and every one of His children enter His holy house and partake of the great blessings He has in store for us. 



"I Love to See the Temple"

1. I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

1 comment: