Monday, June 9, 2014

Great Week!

Hey guess what?! This past week I hit my year mark from graduating high school! Haha. Seems like so long ago... :) I couldn't imagine being anywhere else at this time I love being on my mission!!

I think I'm back to my old self--too much to say and not enough time to write! I'll try and stay a little on track, but there are just so many random things to tell y'all this week! So on Friday it was a little after 8:00 and we went over to talk to one of our investigators named Romeigus. We were on his porch and there had been and was a lot of lightning around, but not much thunder and no rain at that point. Then the severe weather warning siren went off and the warning voice telling us to seek shelter. We couldn't hear super well where we were, so I double checked with Romeigus and asked if that was in face the 'seek shelter' warning. He said we were fine, it wasn't raining. Hahaha. But I knew the siren and said we had to go and as we were walking (well, running) back to the car the elders texted us to get home asap. We texted back and were like "Romeigus said it's not raining so we're ok." Hahaha. We had a lot of fun with that. The storm did get crazy, but I love the thunderstorms here. Going to sleep to the sound of rain and thunder is enjoyable to us. 

To keep y'all updated, we're teaching this great lady named Jane who is probably about 80 years old. The elders passed her on to us, so we've only taught her twice. I LOVE her! I don't know if I told you about her already, but in the churches she grew up in they really had no concept of life after death and being with your family forever. She's still trying to grasp the idea of it, but said she really hopes it's true. I love telling her that she will be with her husband again, testifying of truth to someone who has only hoped for it in their life is absolutely amazing, I love the feeling. We talked a little about transfers our last meeting with her, letting her know that missionaries move around every once in a while and what not. I felt such an amazing connection to her, she looked right at me with tears in her eyes and said she didn't want us to go. Oh my goodness! When I hugged her neither of us let go for the longest time. Guys, Jane is amazing, pray for her that she will receive her answer that she will see her family after this life and that she doesn't need to worry about anything, Heavenly Father knows her personally and loves her. 

Alright so next, we found an awesome family to teach!! We've been searching for families to teach for a very long time. This family was actually taught about three years ago by missionaries, so that's how we found them. The mother's name is Adoria, then there is a 21 year old daughter named Ariel, a 14 year old boy named Abraxus, and an 8 year old girl named Fallice. All of them are just so humble and they want to learn! I love Abraxus! He asks such great questions and is so sincere about everything. We've only met with this family twice and I feel like the days drag on so long between appointments. Last night was the first time we met little Fallice and she is the cutest, most pure, innocent girl I have ever met. She has the best smile. We were talking to them about prayer, and about how Heavenly Father cares about each and every person and listens to their prayers, and how He answers every single one of them. Fallice looked up at me with the biggest smile after I said that and she was like "So it's kind of like a dream come true." Yes!! It is like a dream come true! That seriously just made my life and I'm so excited to go back. I couldn't stop smiling after that. This family is so strong and loving and I believe they will get baptized very soon. Keep them in your prayers, please! 

Things really are going wonderfully here and I feel like I'm on cloud nine, just happy!! I think being a missionary kind of does that to you :) 

Do y'all know what today is? No? Let me tell you. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You can't change things in the past, and you can't really control everything that's going to happen in the future, so why worry? Why let such negative things consume your mind? All we can do today is choose to move forward with a positive attitude. Attitude is everything, pick a good one! Keep on, keepin' on and endure to the end! 

Thank you all so much for your support, I really do love each and every one of you more than you know! Have a spectacular week, and to all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day this Sunday! Love you guys!!

Much love,
Sister Applegate

No comments:

Post a Comment