Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Miracles!

Hi everyone!

So this week has been full of miracles! I was hoping to say one was that Baby Alexander was born and i'm a new aunt, but I guess I will have to wait a little longer. I was also hoping to say we caught the mouse in our trailer as well, but negative on that one too. We did have some great success though. FYI, the computers at the library have been down for almost a week so we're using an ipad and it is the biggest pain to type on. I remember why I didn't like ipads. I had a lot to tell y'all and pictures this week but I can't post pictures and I'll just tell you one of the miracles from this past week.

On Saturday night we had about an hour and a half before we were going in for the night so we started tracting (knocking doors) in a little apartment area we hadn't knocked yet. The first door we kncoked on was when our miracle happened. A sweet elderly woman named Ruth answer the door and let us right in. Her friend Cindy was there also, she lives just a few doors down. This living place is for those on social security, so they are all elderly and/or disabled. We taught them about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and when we got to talking about the priesthood, I bore my testimony of it and told them how grateful I was for it, how grateful I am for a worthy father who holds that authority from God and I told them how my dad has been able to give me blessings of comfort in my life and Cindy looked at me with the most sincere eyes and smile and said she could picture my dad placing his hands on my head and blessing me and how wonderful that must have felt--what a wonderful feeling it must have been when he baptized me. She was so right. What wonderful moments those were. The priesthood authority comes directly from Christ so when I was baptized and blessed by that authority, my dad and other men were simply acting in place of Jesus Christ. If Christ were on earth at this time he would have done it, they were simply acting in his name. 

We were truly led to Cindy that night. She told us that her apartment failed inspection and it was to be inspected Monday again and if she failed she would be forced into a nursing home. She's in her 50s and has some physical limitations as well as some broken ribs and can't do much. She was shocked at our sincerity when we asked if we could help. Although she was praying for help, she didn't expect her answer in the form of two sisters missionaries, two 19 year old girls. We decided to go over after church on Sunday and help her since that would be the only time before inspection. We did everything we could for her yesterday and she kept telling us how grateful she was for us. How thankful she was that we stuck to our word and came over even though she couldn't make it to church. She also told us she was thankful to her friend Ruth. She said how kind Ruth is, how she is the kind of person to let us in. She said to be honest, if we had knocked on her door first, she probably woudn't have let us in. She had too much to worry about, she probably wouldn't have given us the time. How many people do pray for help and the truth butwhen God sends us to their door they don't let us in? Kind of a crazy thought. Really sad. When we were leaving her home Cindy said how she never lets people help her or come into her home. She doesn't trust many people and she said she keeps money and other important stuff in her bedroom and normally wouldn't let anyone in there but with us she never gave it a second thought. There are many people who leave the Church because they were offended by someone but the important thing to remember is that the gospel, this Church where Christ is at te head, is perfect. The people who make it up are far from perfect, but the doctrine and Christ's teaching in its fulness which has been restored from its original form is in fact perfect. A cool talk to read is 'What is the blueprint of Christ's Church' by Tad R. Callister. 

I do have to get going, I will send double pictures next week if the computers are working. I love you all so much, give baby Alexander a big hug and kiss for me!

All my love,
Sister Applegate

No comments:

Post a Comment