Sunday, April 26, 2015

Warner Robins, GA-Macon Zone

Hey Y'all!!

So I know mom received a text last week so most of you probably already know, but I am now in Warner Robins, Georgia!! And this place is HUGE!!!!!! Holy guacamole! It's insane. After 10 1/2 months of serving in the smallest towns, this place is ginormous. There are GARAGES! I haven't seen a garage since I left Utah! There's a Panda Express and a Wendy's (finally!) and every other thing you can imagine! It's so civilized hahaha. This is the biggest city ever. I'm crossing my fingers this will be my last area of my mission, but potentially I may have one more, just because of... stuff. ;) I'll tell you when I get home haha.

So! Sister Anderson is my new companion and she is awesome! We get along great. She came out the transfer before me so she has two left. She's starting her 5th transfer in this area though (it will end up being 7 1/2 months here) so I'm sure President will move her after this one so I'm just trying to learn the area fast. She is from a small town in Utah called Salina. Apparently they don't even have a stoplight. So Warner Robins is a culture shock for her whereas for me I think it's just preparing me to go back home into the modern world ;) It's very different from Hazlehurst. In Hazlehurst I felt like I was "out of the world" (as we try to be on missions) but here it is so different. A lot of worldly things I haven't seen in a while. Billboards that are... not ok in my opinion. Like, gross. It's amazing how different the world's standards are compared to God's standards. 

We've had a pretty good week. Sister Anderson has been having some health problems so she's still hoping President will let her finish her mission here where she has a good doctor but we may have gotten some things figured out this week. That's good for her though, hopefully she can get healthy again and everything will work out. We're the Sister Training Leaders for this zone so that will be a new experience for me as well. I didn't want to be because I hate disrupting our schedule for exchanges (there's where my OCD comes in) but Heavenly Father must know that and that's why we only cover two sets of sisters so it's only two exchanges instead of 4 or 5 or 6. He's so nice :) 

This week has been good but I don't know a whole lot to say about the people here because I don't know anyone... we're definitely on the hunt for new investigators. Elder Zwick of the Seventy is coming to our mission soon! My first MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) will be under his direction! And we have a whole other conference where we get to hear from him so it will be awesome. He spoke at the MTC when I was there as well. I'm excited for what's to come.

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting someone gave a talk and they reference the six Bs that President Hinckley gave: Be Grateful Be Smart Be clean Be True Be Humble Be Prayerful (pretty sure that's all of them) and the speaker said knowing President Hinckley, he'd like to add one more: Be Happy. I love that! President Hinckley was such a happy man, and always would tell us to be happy because things work out! And if you're following the other six Bs, happiness will follow. So I just thought I'd share that :) Be Happy! Everyday, it's your choice. 

I don't have a whole lot more to say this week... I'm learning a lot and loving every minute of it. I can't believe the friends I have about to finish their missions and the ones who are already home--I choose not to think about it. Haha. Missions are so much fun, by far the best thing I could have done in my life at this point. If you're one debating going, do it. Missions are wonderful and they will help you become who Heavenly Father knows you can. He knows our potential and His hand is in the details of our lives! 

I hope you all have the best week ever! Good luck in everything you do, and do it all with a smile on your face! Love you all!

Love,

Sister Applegate

P.S. The Stake President's name here is President Applebee so I think that will be the name I get called. :)

Saying goodbye.... Charlene and I, Cindy and I, Sister Ellison and I, and me with Landon and Lockland. I'm going to miss all of them!












Sister Ellison and I

Sister Taylor and I
Sister Taylor, Sister Gray and I 
Ruth and I
Sister Anderson and I 
Sister Anderson's last companion left me fuzzy socks :) 












My new house
 







 





 Look how big my bathroom is! The one in Hazlehurst, I should've taken a picture of it! They did inspections two weeks ago and didn't even inspect it because they didn't know it was there! haha






No comments:

Post a Comment