Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!!

Hey Everybody!!!

Happy Father's Day next week to you Dads, I hope you have a wonderful day!!

We had so many miracles this week, I enjoyed so much. All I can say is that things are just awesome and it keeps getting better, which only means it's going to be even worse to leave! We had zone training meeting, zone conference, and then stake conference this week so we went to Macon four days in a row. Very spiritual week. This was the last zone conference I will get to attend while on my mission and I knew that and was bracing myself for that all week. At the end of zone conference there is time set aside for missionaries whose last ZC it is to bear their testimonies. It was a hard realization to come to but I was grateful for the opportunity to bear my testimony and I felt the power behind others' testimonies as well. President Cottle extended an invitation/challenge at ZC for all of us to reread the Book of Mormon in 90 days and to mark the doctrine of Christ in it--faith, repentance, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end so it will be our 'Doctrine of Christ Book of Mormon.' I won't be here in 90 days, but I am trying to speed up the challenge. Each Book of Mormon had our name and mission symbol in it so it was very personal and cool. I'm always grateful for invitations that truly will help us come closer to Christ and strengthen our own testimonies. 

We are working with some really amazing people right now. Rhonda, Eric and Carlos are still on date for baptism for July 18th so it should be a wonderful day. We are also teaching a girl name Ashley who is dating a member of the Church. She's 19 and it's definitely different teaching someone my own age. We're teaching another 19 year old named Tonieshia and she came to Stake Conference so that was awesome. And oh my goodness, Evon!!! Evon is the funniest lady I love her! So we went back last week and asked her how she liked church and her eyes got all big and she about jumped out of her chair and she was like "I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!" She puts the biggest smile on my face :) We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she loved that as well--called it a "Can't Lose Plan" because of how amazing Heavenly Father is. We invited her to be baptized and she said yes :) Later in the week we were teaching the Plan of Salvation to a man named Terrance (who has also been coming to church and is on date for baptism in August) and the young woman that was with us described the Celestial Kingdom as a second chance--when she first said that I wanted to clarify because we really don't get second chances per say, because we are accountable for our knowledge and actions on earth, but her thought was really interesting to me: she said that when we get to the Celestial Kingdom, we continue on with life only this time, it's guaranteed happiness. No sadness, hard times, misery, nothing! We get to live life and have absolute and complete JOY!!!! I love that, I believe that strongly and long for the day when we can all be there :)

We've still been calling Brother Ramsey and Heavenly Father continues to bless us for that. One of those blessings being the elders offering to call every other day so we don't die. Hahaha. So they are taking Monday, Wednesday and Friday and we are taking Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Brother Ramsey told us to pray for Heavenly Father to be tough on him, to slap him upside the head because people have to be blunt with him or he doesn't get it. Um, be careful what you pray for. Because we went home right after that and prayed and got an answer way faster than I expected. So, bold is what he got. We went back the next day and had three invitations/challenges for him that are kickin' his butt I'm sure right now, but I think they will work! When we talked to him he just looked at us and was like "Y'all were a lot nicer 3 weeks ago..." hahaha. But he laughed because he knows he needs the changes we're trying to help him make. He said he's been thinking about some of them already. Ready, Set, Go! He's going to be able to do this. The goal is the temple and we know he can make it! We are bold and loving, so technically not all mean. :)

Also, we've been working with a woman named Nina since I got here. Her husband Chris says he's agnostic but he totally isn't, and we've been focusing on helping both of them and they are both really coming around. We had the best lesson with them last night since I got here. We learned about Chris's testimony of Jesus Christ as his Savior and about Nina's testimony of the restored gospel. Oh it was such an awesome lesson! The Spirit was there for sure and we are keeping Nina's goal for her baptismal date as July 11th :) Wonderful! I love life! :) 

Well, I don't want to forget anyone, but Mom did give a list of some birthdays and anniversaries coming up this month so to the ones I have right now I can tell you now :) Happy birthday this week to some amazing family members, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Lesha, Uncle Chris and Kenneth! I love all of you and I hope you have some great birthdays!!! :) 

A couple quotes from some church signs....

"Only dead fish go with the flow"

"You make the choice, God makes the change"

And one I recently read that I loved, "A man never stands taller than when upon his knees." So true! This gospel is true, the book is blue.... I can't remember the rest of the poem Jessi Lopez sent.... but it was good. Haha. Remember to be humble, diligent, loving and obedient. Work hard, be safe, have a great week! Love y'all!

All my love,
Sister Kaylee Applegate :)
 
 
Should've taken a better picture, but we didn't and I needed something to send home :) Sister Walker hit her one month mark this past Saturday! Wahoo! Time surely does fly when you're having fun
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment