Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Triple Baptism

Hey Everyone!

First off, I hope Carter had an awesome birthday, I'm sad I missed it (again) but I will be there for the next one! 1 year old I can't believe it!! Yay for Carter!!!

This was like the best week ever! Rhonda, Eric and Carlos all entered the waters of baptism this past Saturday and were confirmed members of the Church yesterday! Wahoooo!!!!! I love that family!!!! I'm so excited to tell y'all all about the week I don't even know where to start so this is going to be scattered!

Just to quickly mention a couple things... we got a special invite to the restaurant Chipotle which just opened by our house so we got to go a day before it officially opened and got free food. It was awesome! The Mayor also got invited and was behind us in line, so that was cool. Free food with the Mayor of Warner Robins! :)

We met these two brothers this week that we started teaching, William and Roosevelt are their names. I am so glad I was brave enough to open my mouth when we saw William walking. He said he was going to his mom and brother's house so I asked if we could go with and share more and he said yes. Roosevelt is his younger brother (he's 29) so William is just a little older I think. They are both black and 6'6". It was fun teaching them on the porch, having to look so high up the whole time... hahaha. They're awesome though I can't wait to tell you more about them! 

Krystal and Kory are the coolest. We taught them, and they both came to the baptism and to church the next day! There's a lot of detail I could say, but bottom line is, they are some of my favorites. I'm so glad we are privileged enough to teach them! 

Okay, then the week got super crazy last night. We were planning to finish the last lesson we need to teach Ashley before she's baptized and then to have her interviewed next Sunday. Well, the member family that has been fellowshipping her and whose son she is dating, the grandpa is going back to whatever state he lives in just a couple days before her baptism which was Aug 8. But then they're all going out of town the weekend before that. So in trying to make the baptism earlier, we just told Ashley to pray about it and let us know. Last night at about 8:30 she texted and asked if she could be baptized this Saturday. What?! Oh my goodness! So we called out district leader and out Bishop and we called her and let her know what would have to happen and as it came down to it, we are teaching her the last lesson and she is being interviewed TONIGHT. Holy guacamole it was the craziest thing. So yeah. We're going to have another baptism this Saturday! Hahaha. Her boyfriend comes home from school in Idaho this week and will probably get home this Friday night and then he will baptize her Saturday. Awwww! She already had a countdown on her phone to her baptism but it just got bumped up! Haha. Craziest night EVER! But we are so happy!!! I can't wait to see her all dressed in white and enter into the waters of baptism!!! :) Yippee!! 

That's really all I wanted to share this week, I'm just so excited and I can't stop moving! :) I love the Gospel! 

I hope you all have the best week ever! Make it the best week! "Your attitude determines your altitude." 

I love y'all!!!!

With love and gratitude,

Sister Kaylee Applegate

"Never assume you can make it alone. You need the help of the Lord. Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him." -President Gordon B. Hinckley
Pictures from our zone last transfer! :)


District meeting object lesson. Companionship unity in teaching... some of their companions were helpful, some just a little, and some not at all. Those whose companion wasn't helpful in guiding, got hurt. Haha. It was fun







Sign at our investigator's house

License plate from Puerto Rico

Need a fresh start? Haha. Lots of religious stuff on doors here
 




BAPTISM!!!!!!!
 






 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment