Tuesday, August 11, 2015

18 Months Have Come and Gone....

Dearest Family and Friends,

Oh my goodness it is so hard to say goodbye! My last time emailing as a missionary. My heart is full today! Actually I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack! I had chest pains for a couple of days so that was almost literal, hahaha. It's all good though, they stopped :) 

I had all these quotes and cool sayings to send home today... and then I left most of them home and didn't want to go back. So I'm just going to send the ones I have written in my planner :)

Here we go!

"Missionary: Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity." <-- TRUE! Families are FOREVER!

Y.O.M.O. You're Only a Missionary Once!

Doctrine and Covenants 58:3-4

D&C 54:10

D&C 6:13;33-37

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."

"Heavenly Father sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

"For the fruit of the gospel to blossom and bless our lives, we must be firmly attached to Him."

"Steadfastly believe on His name."

"Come unto Him and be transformed"

"Faith will make us whole."

"Without Christ, we can do nothing."

"The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Gospel of transformation. It refines us for the eternities."  

That I can testify is true. This Gospel has brought about so much change in myself, my life, and those around me. I want to keep that change, and continue allow the Lord to mold me into who He knows I can become. True conversion brings about a lasting change. My mission has changed me so much for the better, I don't know where I would be without it. I wouldn't trade a day, even the hard ones, for anything in the world. One scripture I want to always be true for myself is 2 Timothy 4:1-8. 

I know that "Where there is love, there is sadness at parting." I have so much love for my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and the people here in Georgia, that that is why I know the tears will come. They are tears of joy, tears of love.

"Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened."

President Hinckley could not have been more right when he said "You will shed more tears when you leave to go home than you shed when you left home to come here." 

I love this Gospel, I love my Savior, I love everyone and everything that has been a part of my life for the last 18 months. The best thing to kick off the next part of my life. 

There is always so much more to say, but I will end with a scripture. Mom told me I couldn't send only this as my email, so here, it's at the end. :) 2 John 1:12.

My last few words come from one of the hymns: "Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives, I KNOW that my Redeemer lives!" 

Looking forward to hugging y'all next Monday :)

Until then,

Sister Kaylee Applegate

Georgia Macon Mission
February 5, 2014--August 17, 2015
Our last District Meeting/"Funeral" :) Three of us from our district "died"










Rest in Peace brownies

Really cool thunderstorm, you can't see it too well but it was tearing some of the roof off of the building by ours

Girl Scout Cookies! We have this less active we are working with and her husband is not a member. Every time he answers the door he calls to his wife "Girl Scout Cookies!!!" So we brought him some! :) We're so funny.... he loved it though! 







MLC!!! I got to see Sister Taylor and Sister Brizzee from the MTC! And Elder Wilkins! He's not in the pic, but he's one of the APs. ReUnIoN~ :)

Elder Holt dropped my camera... this was the "yikes" pose he was doing when I checked to see if it still worked. 

Me with Krystal and Kory! :)

We sticky-noted the Ramsey's van before going in Saturday night and boy were they surprised Sunday morning! ;) They left them on there all the way to church! 








I finally took a picture of the sign I told Richard I would take a picture of back in May. It was a bad angle because we were on a weird hill, but Richard, here's your sign! :)

(I meant to send this on the last email instead of the double one of the Ramsey's van)

No comments:

Post a Comment